STUNNING SUBURBAN SANCTUARY
A VISIT TO THIS PROPERTY WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!
Subtly understated with its charming street frontage, you are first introduced to 'the front house', an impressively renovated, 2-bedroom 1 bathroom heritage-listed circa-1900s character home. Most of the original charm of yesteryear has been preserved within the main house, in the form of soaring high ceilings, solid Jarrah floorboards throughout and other intricate nostalgic features. Both bedrooms near the entrance are more than spacious, with the master bedroom enjoying direct access out to a pleasant wrap around bull-nose verandah.
The central lounge room with its burning wood fireplace, keeps everyone warm in winter with access to a small north-facing deck/nook through glass French doors - the perfect place to sit and relax with a cup of tea or coffee in hand. A quality modern bathroom is easily accessible to everybody and is headlined by a double rain shower.
The functional open plan dining and kitchen area off the lounge room is the heart and soul of the home. This light filled room enjoys crossflow ventilation through the louvered windows either side of the double glass doors which open out to the fabulous covered alfresco entertaining area. A terrific study nook enjoys a leafy northern outlook to the garden.
At the rear, and up a flight of stairs, you will find a private sanctuary - an airy open-plan one bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen, living and meals area which seamlessly extends outdoors to an adjacent north facing deck on which to relax and unwind. The adjoining staircase allows access to the most surprisingly tranquil backyard.
The real "hidden gem" of this residence is a basement beneath the garage that doubles as a theatre, studio or music room with full soundproofing. Or the perfect "man cave", if you are that way inclined.
This unique property is so versatile. A multiple generational home or two separate families with living and entertainment possibilities aplenty.
Absolutely everything you could ever want or need is right here with transport options right on your doorstep and Claremont Quarter a short walk away as is Scotch College, Christ Church Grammar and MLC. Something special awaits you, here. You really need to come and see it with your own eyes!
• 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with semi-detatched studio apartment
• High ceilings, solid wooden Jarrah floorboards, tall feature skirting boards and classic "original" light switches throughout
• French doors to outdoor nook/deck
• Ceiling roses and Wood fireplaces
• Timber framed louvered windows either side of double glass doors leading out to covered alfresco
• Stone bench tops
• Stainless-steel St George gas cooktop/oven
• Adjacent study/office area off living with a leafy/northern garden aspect
• Split-system air-conditioning
• Massive front master bedroom with direct access to wrap around bullnose verandah, down lighting, reverse cycle air-conditioning and ornate fireplace
• Spacious sized second bedroom with decorative ceiling rose and ornate fireplace
• Renovated family bathroom with double rain shower, stone vanity and toilet
• Separate outdoor laundry with double linen press, cloak cupboard, under-bench storage and adjacent drying-courtyard access
• Carpeted and sound-proof basement/music room with split-system air-conditioning
• Rear 1x1 studio apartment (added in 2012 approx.) at the top of the back-garden staircase with open-plan bedroom/living/meals area, split-system air-conditioning and wooden jarrah floorboards and timber framed windows
• Stone benches in kitchen with an Ilve gas cooktop/oven and stainless-steel Bosch dishwasher
• Ensuite with stone vanity, toilet and ceiling-mounted rain shower
• Timber framed glass bi-fold stacking doors leading out to a north facing, covered entertaining deck
• Exciting Airbnb or short-stay-accommodation potential, with scope to install a future pedestrian gate off the rear laneway
• Classic wrap around front bull-nose verandah
• Security-door entrance to the main house
• Outdoor alfresco entertaining area
• Open outdoor fireplace
• Separate outdoor original "dunny"/guest toilet - off the alfresco
• Hot/cold water outdoor shower, within the paved rear drying courtyard
• Instantaneous gas hot-water system
• Low-maintenance artificial backyard turf
• Private rear-laneway/cul-de-sac with access into the double lock-up garage
• Double lock up two car garage off rear laneway, complete with built in storage and work-bench
• Double front gates, secure parking for one car
• Extra parking space out on the front verge
• Fully reticulated established gardens
• Across the road from bus stop
• Footsteps from Claremont Train Station
• Metres from Claremont Quarter
• Short distance from Swanbourne Village
• Close to both Swanbourne and Cottesloe Beaches
• Lake Claremont and Scotch playing fields at the end of the street
• Walking distance to Scotch College, Christ Church Grammar and MLC
• Shenton College catchment zone
DETAILS YOU WILL NEED
Council Rates: $ 2,294.75 per annum
Water Rates: $ 1,514.46 per annum
For a comprehensive digital brochure direct to your mobile, simply text 23Stirling to 0488 826 685 or contact Jamie Harrington on 0413 009 962 to arrange an inspection.
- Type : House
- Land Size : 465 sqm
- Water Rates : $1514Per Year
- Council Rates : $2294Per Year